JustArts is an educational program that invites students in grades K – 12 to explore and encounter justice through the arts. As a program of The Middle Project Freedom School, JustArts is committed to raising ethical leaders for a more just society. As the young people express their creativity, they will discover where they can make a difference in their communities. JustArts explores themes of identity, belonging, and our purpose to be and bring hope and love to the world, inviting young leaders and emerging activists to a place where justice meets the arts.
JustArts supports children, youth, and families in five areas:
- high quality academic enrichment
- parent and family involvement
- civic engagement and social action
- intergenerational leadership development
- nutrition, health, and mental health